This item was sold to another member.
- Browse for similar listings in Volkswagen
|On road costs||Excluded|
|Exterior colour||Green / Blue|
We bought this gem around 12 years ago, in a sore and unloved state. We spent 2 years lovingly restoring her, and have enjoyed many a campouts & made life long friends. Almost 5 years ago, we started our family and since, time has evaded us and it’s been 5 years since this old girl has been used.
We had so many great times in “Vega”, storing her in a shed unused and unloved is a bit sad, so it’s time for her to find new travel companions, and see out her prime years in style.
Around 8-10 years ago as a rolling project she has had:
- body was given some love and attention and she received a new top coat of PPG’s “is it green” - a head turner and conversation started everywhere.
- Engine was given a birthday, new rings, bearings, gaskets etc.. were fitted. Jim Fleet, well known in VW community, completed this work.
- A new Empi muffler was fitted for the classic VW purr
- JBW mags & 4 new tyres were fitted
- Front seats have been professionally reupholstered with TMC covers
- Rebuilt Westfalia louvre window has been fitted and all panels open & close
- Most window seals have been replaced
The rear interior has been kept simple, to reflect the ease and simplicity that camping should be. A fixed bed base provides a solid base for a good night sleep and makes a perfect day bed when lazing at the beach. This can easily be removed with just a few bolts.
With a growing young family and time evading us, it’s been 5 years since “Vega” has been used. Her last WOF expired a few months ago and the registration was put on hold.
We would love to see her go to a new home where she is treated like the gem that she is, and the $1 reserve simply reflects our passion for her to find a new home, new travel companions and a new family to love her.
If you wish to view “Vega”, she is located in Penrose, please leave your details below and we will be in contact.
1970 Volkswagen Kombi
YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A PIECE OF VOLKSWAGEN HISTORY!!
Reserve met •